Everyone gets stuck in a rut at some point. I feel like the last few months have been a deep rut for me, not that I have been necessarly unhappy or even noticed the change, but I think that is the thing with ruts.
Since my junior year at Alma, when life seemed like it was spiraling out of control because I spread myself so thin between school and work, I have been struggling with what to do with my life. What should my career be? How will I achieve that? When is the right time? What do I do? Repeatedly I have asked myself these questions without finding an answer that seems to give me peace. The sad thing is, I never thought to ask God--or at least not really ask Him. I would pray and tell God that I needed help figuring out what to do with my life, and then make my own assumptions that I decided were God's Will because they fit my plan. Not cool. Also not cool, is that in January, as many important parts of my life did fall out of my control, God picked up the pieces for me, and planted a seed of desire in my heart. I don't think that I really realized what was happening until today.
I have been again struggling with what to do with my life and today I decided to give it to God. I don't know why that has seemed so hard for me, or why I have been blind to doing so, but I have...and I think that it has to do with being in a rut. I think that "being in a rut" is everyone's way (non-believers and believers alike) of saying that they are becoming blind to their dreams and goals. For me, it means being resistant to God and His plan.
So back in January, I began making plans and getting excited about joining the Peace Corps, and that is what I am going to be doing. I will get my Ph.D. afterward, unless there is something else that comes my way ;) I have finally realized that this what I am supposed to be doing. It's going to be hard for me to go, especially living so far away from the amazing friends I have here (and their kids too :)).
So, for all of you that read this, please pray for me, that I will stay on the straight and narrow, and not forget to talk to God when the "goin' gets tough".
The Saginaw Zoo
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment