I love the holidays beyond belief. I love Thanksgiving most of all because it has all of the same sentiments as Christmas, but there is no focus on the presents. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to give presents, but I feel like they're overrated and that everyone should try to give more than they could ever receive.
I feel like it's a great time of year to think about the ups and downs of the year, and to be grateful for everything that has happened. I think that I am most grateful that I have been able to grow so much as a person. I feel like I have changed by leaps and bounds from the inside. I am so proud of myself, and even though outwardly you may not notice the change, I am more at peace with myself than I have been in years, or maybe even ever. Here's more of my "thankful" list, in no particular order:
~my friends, you are all amazing and I couldn't ask for more. I appreciate beyond belief everyone asking me over for the holiday and keeping me in mind. I love you all so much.
~my job. I may not love it everyday, but I have one, and that is something to cherish in this crazy world we are living in.
~my new car. Albeit it's new to me, and not really new, and it's a bit of an old lady car, I absolutely LOVE my tricked-out granny mobile and am so glad to have reliable transportation!
~my future. I don't know what it has in store for me, but I am really excited to see what's there.
That's obviously a very short list, but it's some of the more important points. I am just glad that I have everything I need and more, great friends and a million opportunities at my fingertips.
I hope that you had a great holiday! Take care and have a great day!!
The Saginaw Zoo
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment