Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kitty

I love Kitty. She is the greatest cat ever (and I am totally not a cat person) and I am totally amused by her ever-changing antics.
For those of you who don't know, I "adopted" Kitty from Amy and her family because Kitty was afraid of the two huge Great Pyrenees dogs that Amy rescued. She is a bit shy sometimes and apparently the tandem sniffing from two 100 pound fur balls was not her cup of tea. At my house, she is not bothered by Lucy (they are actually quite hilarious to watch interact...they are both interested in one another but don't want the other in their space. They operate on mutual "look but don't sniff" terms). Briefly, Kitty got her very original name when she was found with her eyes barely open and bottle-fed by Amy. Apparently they never intended to keep her, and thus didn't name her, but she's such a sweetie they couldn't let her go.:)
Since her adoption, Kitty has become quite the spoiled princess. She's really like a little dog. She comes when she's called, she loves attention, but not excessive amounts and she talks when she wants something. She's really affectionate in the most adorable ways too. My new favorite trick, if you will, is Kitty burping. It's freaking hilarious! Some time ago she decided that the bathroom sink--and ONLY the bathroom sink--would be her personal watering hole. I didn't help matters by turning on a gentle stream of water when I am in the bathroom for her. Now, every time I go in the bathroom, even if it's for a tissue, she comes running full-throttle to have a drink (she has 2 water bowls she can drink from, just so no one thinks I am depriving her). Lately, she has been lapping up a little too much air with her water and when she jumps down from the counter, the impact of her landing makes her burp, which scares her, and she runs away like a rabid raccoon. I can't help but laugh out loud every time. It seriously doesn't get old! It's really funny to hear the air/water combo sloshing around in her belly prior to the big show as she prances on the counter top as well, but nothing will beat the "burp-and-flee".
I also love coming home from anywhere because as soon as I start unlocking the door, she's already purring loud enough I can hear it in the hallway. She's good about dodging me if I am carrying stuff, but as soon as I put everything down, she tries everything to get into my arms. When I do finally pick her up, she always gives me a single lick on the forehead (a very rough lick) and then purrs incessantly, or until she's had enough spoiling. Even cuter is when my alarm goes off and she will either crawl over from her pillow, or come running from where ever else she's been napping and lay next to me to get petted as I hit snooze and doze. It's so great to be woken up by a fuzzy, happy Kitty that is so glad you're finally awake :D.
At any rate, those are some really random, but very endearing moments from my evolving life with Kitty. Have a great day :)

No comments: