So anyone who lives in MI knows that Detroit's reputation precedes it.Many people have expressed their concerns about me living here (and until recently, walking everywhere because of not having a car). For the most part, I take what everyone says with a grain of salt and keep on keepin' on while I live out this part of my life in the Dirty.There have really only been a few instances in the 7 months I have been here that I have felt like this city may actually be as bad as it's alledged to be. The most recent actually is the reason behind my car not working.
As I have been saying for months, my car hasn't been working because the muffler fell off the week I moved here in January. This seemed like a logical thing to happen because a few months prior I had my car worked on and they told me my muffler was worse for the wear. When it finally did fall off I decided that the best thing to do was wait to get it fixed until I was financially stable (haha).
At long last I have decided that I really need a car again. That means getting the muffler rigged-up to get it to my little brother's repair shop so it can be fixed. Mom and I decided to do the rigging ourselves. While we were laying on the ground looking at the car/muffler I realized that it didn't look like the muffler was long enough to be repaired via soup can as planned (can I get a "woot woot" for the hillbilly in me?!? ;)). When I told Mom about it, she too looked and agreed, and then we realized...someone had seriously sawed off my catalytic converter and thus my muffler fell off. Ghetto.
The best reason that I can come up with for someone actually having access to my car is that the first week I was here my apartment's parking lot gate was broken--stuck open. Again, ghetto. It's even more ghetto when you consider that the "incident" occured in January and there was definately snow on the ground.
Anyhow, it's all going to be alright now because my world-class kick ass brother is fixing my car. It's actually pretty sad to think that times are so bad in the world that people aren't stealing cars in the Dirty anymore, they're just stealing parts to turn in to the junk yard for money.
The Saginaw Zoo
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment